Thursday, March 26, 2009

Well since the last blog only a few things have happened we had our first meet! My fiance got into Grad school along with a fellowship for the UC Foundation! (GREAT SUCCESS!!!)But before that im gonna talk about the week heading into it. In the previous blog I spoke about a small hamstring problem I had. Well, the monday before the first meet I come into practice and Chris tells me, "Twan your gonna run the 800 this weekend". I was like WHAT??!?! He said, "yeah, its either run the 800 or dont run at all". I was like let me think about it. So we continue with pratice and after practice I go up to Chris and say ok I'll run the 800. He said good and be ready to go. The following day we had a decent practice wasnt too hard just real tiring. But the following day I did an 800 workout and it was ok but I felt pretty bad and ran well so that gave me a lil confidence heading into the meet. After that workout, the next day was pretty simple just an extended warm-up and ice-bath.

Then came friday night. GAME NIGHT!!! The guy sprinters come over to my place and play wii and eat real good meal. We play wii until about 930 or so. Yeah, my relay Mario Kart Team completed the sweep! Sam Benjamin, Kyle Thomas, and myself. We played a little bit of Sonic vs Mario Olympics I won the trampoline thanks to some practice at my coaches house! I set the olympic record in the hammer to! lol

Saturday is here and its time to go! I wake-up take a shower and eat a good breakfast. My family came to the meet from Colmbus which was good! Its always good to see family! So im watching as my teammates are competing and the meet is going really well for us.

Funny story. Since im running the 800 i decided to warm up with them. So were about to start teh warm-up and Alex Ramsey says if u get a little tired its ok if you stop. I say huh? HE goes yeah were about to do a mile or two...
I say whoa. I'll stay here and warm-up on the track. haha thats too long for me to do before a race haha.

So were ready and the gun is about to go off. I share a lane with Alex which is good because I was gonna run at his pace and follow behind his experience. So the gun goes off and I get behind Alex and I notice freshman Michale Rutherford is way out front with a kid from Xavier. I was like shoot they are rolling. So Im running behind Alex on pace and relaxed. We finish the first 400 and I'm like ok this feels good. Then, it hit me. My breathing increased and I felt like I was gonna stop and quit running. Then the competitive streak got going. Im at the 200 meter mark and I start to pick it up. I pass the kid from Xavier and Im in 3rd still behind Alex. We get to the last 100 and I pass Alex and Im going I look up and the freshman Michael Rutherford (fellow columbus native!) is rollin out in front and there is no catching him! We finish and I get second at 1:52:04, Michael Ruther runs 1:50:49 (a new freshman record previously held by Alex Ramsey), and Alex Ramsey runs 1:52:27 we complete the sweep and its a great day! I just want to give praise to those guys. The 800 is a tough race and they are able to put up with the training for it and they run it every weekend. Kudos to you all!

Well, I didnt feel well after the race...I threw up and sat in the training room outside for a good 20 mins until Mike the trainer made me walk around sipping on water and powerade. After I leave the training room I go visit my family give out hugs and say hi give out some kisses to my mom, grandma, lil sis, and my 2 cousins. My older brother was there as well.

I then head down to the center of the field so that the team could clap it up! Favorite part of the meet! It brings alot of excitement to team before 4x4!

Now this is a race that was one to remember! I didnt run but they moved around the teams so that they would be even and it was beyond even! With mixtures of 800 and 400 guys this was gonna be interesting. So the 1st three legs are done and its down to the anchor legs. Chase Vancura is the anchor for the A team and Jason Berling is the anchor for the B team. Jason has a 30 meter lead and is looking good. Chase gets the baton and takes off! He's closing the gap on the back stretch but Jason still has a pretty big lead. They get to the home stretch and Chase is rolling! each step he gets closer and closer to Jason. They are now neck and neck battling with Chase still trying to catch him...

They finish...

Jason throws out his arms at the end blocking Chase from stealing the win at the end. They finish within 5 hundreths of a second apart! Crazy! Chase splits a 47.5 which is a sign of great things to come!

This meet displayed the hard work this team has been putting in throughout the indoor season and conditioning. He had numerous winners and Big east qualifiers in events that we had not in the past which shows that we are certainly heading in the right direction in our goal for a conference championship!

So far this week during spring break Im just finishing up my last week on co-op! Which means no more getting up at 530 am! but now I have homework...
LOL
Im getting ready to run my 1st 400 outdoor of the 2009 season along with 4x1 so itll be fun to see what happens.

"ONE TEAM ONE GOAL"

"What are you willing to sacrifice for the greater success of team..."

"London 2012 God be my guide"

No comments:

Post a Comment